Investment Associate - Generalist ( 2 - 5 years) - New York, NY
Competitive compensation package with good work/life balance.
Investment Associate Generalist (across multiple industries) - 2-5 years experience
This role will focus on research and execution of new acquisition opportunities as well as manage existing business platforms. The professional will be an integral part of a niche team and play an instrumental role in financial modelling, conducting business due diligence, conducting operational analysis and developing value creation opportunities.
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities including creating detailed financial models and valuation analysis, conducting business diligence, assessing industry and competitive dynamics, drafting investment memoranda, coordinating and guiding third party advisors including management consultants, lawyers, and accountant
- Work with the firm’s business unit and operating companies to evaluate add-on acquisitions and additional platform acquisitions
- Work collaboratively to develop new investment themes, theses, and putting together corresponding materials to convince senior management
- Participate in due diligence reviews of potential investment candidates. Support due diligence discussions including detailed operational, market, product, etc. analysis
- Provides support to facilitate business operations including participating in budget preparation, monthly update reports, etc.
- Travel: 30% - 35%
- Strong accounting/financial modeling and analytical skills supported by a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruption.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness in work
Education and Experience
- 2 - 5 years experience
- Strong analytical skills (financial modelling, accounting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related area or equivalent experience
New York, NY
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Contact: [email protected]
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Investment Associate - Generalist ( 2 - 5 years)
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 348425
Posted Date: 11/29/2018