Technical Sales - Entry Level (Bilingual in Koean) - Itasca, IL
Start Date: June 2019
Entry Level or Recent Graduate (0 to 5 years experience) – Technical Sales (Bilingual in Korean)
Base salary range (50K – 70K) + bonus. Full relocation assistance offered if needed
Our client manufactures and sells factory automation and R&D equipment to increase efficiency, support product development, and improve quality control for their customers. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Through their direct sales approach, they identify their customers’ challenges firsthand and provide the most innovative technologies to further support their development.
They are seeking entry level Technical Sales Representatives to join our Technical Sales Development Program with a start date of June 2019
The TECHNICAL SALES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At this organization, sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become an entry-level, direct sales professional. Sales Associates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentorship. The training program begins with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months dependent on product line. While their products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations. After successful completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be promoted to Sales Engineer, initiating the on-the-job training phase of the development program. Included in your on-the-job training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting from 4 to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and application training and develop your sales skills while you become responsible for customers in your own sales territory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at their Career Development Institute.
- Develop a thorough understanding of their products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training
- Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
- Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales training and an overview of their culture of success.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using their products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to their expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master their highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to their success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Ability to lift and carry 35~ 85 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles onto a dolly.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicle may be required dependent on product line equipment size. Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
- You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
- You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
- You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.
Employees are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Sales
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Contact: [email protected]
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Sales - Entry Level (Bilingual in Koean)
Location: Itasca, IL
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 355175
Posted Date: 2/5/2019