As a leader in the Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Managed Service Program (MSP) space, Advantage xPO talks to many prospective customers who are looking to engage a partner to support them. Often, we find that prospective customers are surprised to learn the about different varieties of RPO and MSP solutions. Advantage xPO strives to create solutions that align to the business interests of our customers. This means that sometimes we get creative when designing solutions.
Within the MSP space, there are three primary types of solutions: Vendor Neutral, Hybrid, and Master Vendor. Each have a place and will drive different results.
Vendor Neutral → These are MSP engagements where the MSP provider does not attempt to fill requisitions in the program. 100% of the contingent workers come through participating suppliers in the program. Typically, these engagements tend to be larger in terms of spend under management, contractor headcount, and participating suppliers. The Program Management team has a strong focus on governance, compliance, and cost reduction.
- Hybrid → These are the MSP solutions where the MSP provider has a team focused on program governance, compliance and cost savings. They also have a team that is focused on filling requisitions within the program. This team is treated like the other participating suppliers in the program. The benefit of a hybrid MSP is that the customer gains the compliance, governance and cost savings benefits of the vendor neutral program, but also derives a quality benefit of having a true strategic partner who is invested in finding the best candidates to meet the client’s contingent worker needs.
- Master Vendor Program → In these solutions, the partner supplies the majority of the contingent workers and engages with staffing suppliers on a limited basis.
Similarly, RPO solutions come in several shapes and sizes. These include: enterprise-wide, end-to-end, partial cycle, and projects.
- Enterprise-Wide → Enterprise-wide RPO solutions are defined as those where the customer outsources its talent acquisition function in its entirety.
- End-to-end → In end-to-end solutions, the RPO provider is responsible for the entire talent acquisition process. The RPO provider is responsible for requisition management, sourcing, screening, interviewing, offer administration, on-boarding, and post-hire services.
- Partial cycle → These solutions are vary significantly from solution-to-solution. They are defined as those solutions where the customer does not elect to outsource the entirety of its talent acquisition. Some customers may elect to retain certain position categories, specific steps, or defined regions. Partial cycle RPO solutions are highly customized.
- Project RPO → These solutions are designed to help customers manage hiring volumes that exceed the in-house talent acquisition resources’ bandwidth. This could be managing seasonal peaks, new facility openings, or business direction changes.
There is also a trend where customers are beginning to evaluate a total talent acquisition strategy by combining their contingent and permanent workforce solutions under a single provider. This affords the customer with benefits that range from increased quality through a more strategic approach to talent acquisition to reduced costs due to better economies of scale.
Advantage xPO prides itself on developing customer-centric solutions that are customized and aligned to business needs. We know that unique circumstances exist in every organization and are motivated to design our solutions to address those circumstances. We would love to discuss your organization’s needs.