Contingent labor is a rapidly growing segment of today’s workforce. And for good reason. It provides employers with a cost-effective, steady workforce, while offering workers flexibility and balance not found in traditional jobs.
A contingent workforce also presents its own challenges. It is often handled by multiple department managers within a company, each often using a different staffing vendor. As a result, the organization’s staffing model is riddled with inconsistencies and compliance risks. Some workers may be redundant, hired at higher rates, or not tied to the appropriate cost center.
This is why more and more businesses are turning to a Managed Service Provider (MSP). An MSP arrangement is when an outsourced agency manages an organization’s temporary and contingent workforce program. The MSP takes on the recruiting process and provides candidates from their own talent pools and, often, from other agencies as well. This partnership can be managed on- or off-site depending in the complexities of the program.
Why should your business consider an MSP?
- Risk mitigation. Reduce co-employment, unemployment claims, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Compliance. Transfer the responsibility of worker classification (exempt vs. non-exempt) and worker status (contingent, permanent, freelance, and contractor) to ensure complete compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Cost savings. Reduce costs through a number of proven processes, including implementation of pay rate reviews, title standardization, and supplier bill rate reviews.
- Time savings. Reduce the administrative burden for a number of tasks, including the management of onboarding and off-boarding workers.
- Transparency. Gain access to advanced technology that allows you to measure performance and make more informed business decisions.
- Quality. Achieve improved time-to-fill, interview-to-hire, and retention.
- Talent stream. Create a pipeline for potential permanent workers.
Considering an MSP solution for your business? Allow Advantage xPO to manage your temporary workforce so that you can focus on running your business. Contact us today to learn how we can work together.